Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Hello 2015!

I haven't written a blog post since March 2014! Gone are the days I ignore my blog. There was a reason. I was making 4 Project Life Albums for my daughters and didn't want to post the pics. Well I didn't finish them all the way but this year I am going to create some things for me as well and try my best to finish theirs!

I have some Scrapping Goals this year..

1. Work on what I want..not what I feel I need to

2. Make my own PL book..with no rules! nope not a one..it will not be a weekly or a monthly, it will be whatever I choose to make!

I am sticking with the 12 x 12. But my process will be a little out of the ordinary..ha ha.. 
I am 50..so daily pics just aren't the norm..all my children live in other cities/states. 
With the 12 x 12 I can put in all the 12x12 layouts I do, the 8 by 11 layouts I do, and do pl in the same album. My album is going to be a mish mash of my creations..If I have very little pics for the month so be it..if it's a month my grandchildren come then it may be 3 pages of pl and a few 12 x 12's...or 8 x 11's..heck I may even throw in a few journal pages as I really want to get back into the messy art I love but I don't want to have to commit to a journal :o) 
I am going to create what I want..put in there what I want..and in the end I feel if I go with the flow..the flow will be so much more enjoyable! :o)

3. Use something old in every single thing I create! My craft room is out of control and if it gets any worse I am afraid someone will submit me for the Hoarder Show! lol

Anyway..here is my first creation for 2015! 


I was so inspired by Kathleen's creation using the Scrapbook Werkstatt December Kit that I just had to try my hand at it. I didn't have the kit but I did have most of the items she used. I just love how this came out.  And I was able to keep my promise to myself to use something old. I used the wooden starts from Studio Calico that I've had about 2 or so years..Now to create some project life pages to go with it! 



No comments: