Thursday, January 8, 2015

Organization Attempt

Every Black Friday I go to Michael's and buy more craft organization Cabinets. They have had them 60% off for the last 4 years. This is the perfect time for me to get more as they are fairly pricey (around 50.00 each).  I can get so many more for 20.00 each! ha ha




This year I bought 5 more! Yep..5..and I'm finding I still need more. I have a huge craft shopping problem! I always want all the new lines and the problem is I never use it all. So my Scrapping Supplies continue to grow and I continue to buy more organization items to hold them.

I am constantly trying to find a better way to keep my things organized. I have found in my old age I just can not stand clutter. I can't create in it, I can't live in it.

This year as I was putting my cabinets together and rearranging my items. I found so many things I had forgotten I had. I tend to use things I see and not what is stored.

Right now Ephemera is my main problem lol..the same one I tried to tackle last Jan! I had thought if I sorted them by color/theme in plastic containers that my problem would be solved...So I did this..


This system isn't working for me. I am not good at digging thru things..hate it in fact..and I am not using these items as I should..

So..I decided to try something new. I am now putting them onto old cardstock I have that is faded and probably will not be used and putting them into a 12 x 12 old photo album.  The new collections will be on a page all by itself..and then when I'm done with it I am going to put the rest onto pages sorted by color and/or theme. That way when I am creating, I can just grab the book and instantly see what epherma I have (in say red) without all that digging!


The only thing you need to be careful about is making sure you use prepositional adhesive! I am hoping this new system will help me to use all the cool embellies I have that have been collecting dust :o).

No comments: