Saturday, January 22, 2011

U and I - First Layout using Swirlydoos to die for Jan Kit!

I have joined kit clubs in the past and was disappointed every single time. You'd always get pieces of this and pieces of that and the quality of the items were terrible!I swore off ever joining one again and haven't for years. That is until I saw Swirlydoos kits on another blogger's site.
I went to the Swirlydoos site and looked at past kits and was just wow'd over at how beautiful they were. So..being the lover of beautiful things I decided to give a kit club one more chance and joined Swirlydoos.
I was still a little skeptical until the mail lady dropped my Jan kit off at my door.
Talk about stunned! The kit was drop dead gorgeous! These kits are not the regular...waste of my money kits! There was not one thing in the kit that I did not love! Full 12x12 beautiful papers, to die for embellishments (hat pins, awesome red flowers, journaling tags, beautiful chipboard, even liquid pearls)! Every thing in the kit coordinated together beautifully! You get enough items to create several layouts and still have some left!

Here is a picture of the Jan kit.


I do believe this is the best money I have ever spent on my crafts and I see myself being a member for a very long time!
They even have a forum where you can talk to the other members. I have spent hours there looking at tutorials, you really should check out the tutorials on making your own flowers! AMAZING!!! I can spend hours on end looking at the talented work of the other members, and they share their knowledge freely, telling everyone some new trick or technique they've tried. I could be wrong but I do not think you have to be a member of the kit club to be in the forum.
So here is my first layout using some of the Jan Swirlydoo Kit.



The only items that were not in the kit were the flowers, butterflies and the swirl. I am saving the beautiful red flowers for a layout of me and my sweet hubby! he he he

The flowers are prima, I added some of the fiber in the Swirlydoos kit and added a dew drop.


The little butterflies I made myself (cut out on my silhouette, added glitter, and a few jewels).


The butterfly on the left I printed from a whole sheet of butterflies submitted on the swirlydoos forum by Lisa. Oh my goodness, she has pages and pages of the most beautiful butterflies! Even birds! All for free, just print and cut! I just printed it, cut it out, added a little glitter and of course a few jewels.



Now, I'm off to create another page using my kit!

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Barb this LO is just beautiful and all those goodies in that kit are amazing mmm... ill see how i can convince hubby i need these kits.LOL!! It was great talking with you my friend.

LISA said...

My goodness Barbara!! You totally rocked this kit!! I looove the LO and so glad you feel comfortable in Swirlyville. We really do have a great time!! And you my dear, I feel, are going to make a perfect addition!! Cant wait to see what else you create!!
hugs,
Lisa

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Oooo, not only is this beautiful, but so special as well!