Thursday, January 6, 2011

Scrapbook Stamping with Nichol Magouirk

My New Years Resolution is to scrap all the pictures I have saved from 2009 and 2010 for scrapping..yes, I know bad huh?

At 2 Peas in a Bucket they are hosting a free scrapbooking class by Nichol Magouirk for 2011~ Yes, you read that right I said free!! The class is called Scrapbook Stamping with Nichol Magouirk. What a great way to jump start my creativity!

She is posting monthly lessons for the entire year! You can even print out a pdf of each lesson which includes a sketch, tips and techniques along with a monthly challenge.

I have been scrapbooking for years! But the first lesson I learned something I didn't know....be sure to check out her class!

January's Lesson features simple stamping: adding words - phrases to journaling blocks, title or sub-titles.

The challenge this month was to to add stamping in the form of a stamped title, sub-title, text stamped border, etc on a layout.

Here is my creation:




I created the title using the Letter Stamp Kit by Words & Crafts and the sub-title with Close to my Heart clear stamps - "So Sweet"

The scanner kept mis-alinging when I tried to stitch so the left is cropped off a little more than it should be!

One layout down....only 72 more to go! :o)

No comments: