Thursday, March 6, 2014

Feb Wk. 1 Project Life

Feb Week 1



I love working on the Project Life Spreads. It's so easy to create a 3x4 or 4x6 for one of the pockets quickly. It makes it so easy to work a little and then come back.

I'm really into the Watercolor look and the Scripted Words you see on paper crafts lately. I love playing with Art Mediums so this is right up my ally! I wanted to attempt to make my own journal cards doing both.

For my Week Title Card I hand scripted Feb. and made a few squiggly lines to help fill in the card. I then stamped the week dates using Colorbox Razzberry. I love this bright pink color! I added a few hearts from the Studio Calico Sugar Rush kit at the top and then stitched thru them with my sewing machine to add a little texture. I just love how this came out and plan to play around with other cards using the Watercolors and hand script :o)


I then decided to create a journaling card so I could write about the picture my Daughter took of the Twins first snow! I wanted to document this and then when they were older they could look back at them enjoying their very 1st snow! So I tried to match the bright pink color I used to stamp with my watercolors. I played around adding pink, red, and white until I got the right blend and the color I wanted.  I then painted the card adding a little water as I went down to lighten the color and to give an ombre effect.
I added a tag I from Elle's Studio and a few wood veener hearts from Studio Calico and a vellum arrow. Again I added some stitching to add a little more texture. Then I took some of the teal watercolor I used in the title card and highlighted "Twins very 1st Snow and added a few splatters to the card. I also painted one of the wood veeners at the bottom and added some Glossy Accents. I stamped documented using the stamp set from Studio Calico's Sugar Rush Project Life kit.


I also handmade another card by stitching vellum and cardstock together and adding some Sequins in it. I loved it but felt it still needed something so I stamped and embossed a snowflake in the middle.



On the rest of the spread I used my Studio Calico Sugar Rush kits, and also a card from Becky Higgins Dear Lizzy Project Life Edition. The teal sequins came from the new Studio Calico Color Theory Collection. 
I really loved how this spread came out :o)





No comments: