Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Color Studio Class at Studio Calico

Today was the first day of our Color Studio Class! I've been a busy girl today. First off Lisa posted our first assigment the other day. We had to find a color combo we liked and then find things in our scrapbooking stash to replicate those colors.

I worked this a little different. First I knew I wanted to do a layout of my new Grandson. I've had 4 new Grandson's within 6 months so getting their first layouts has been on my "must do" list! I decided to start with a picture. I just adore this picture my Son-in-law took..He is always creating the cutest props and I swear he should become a photographer!


I mean..how cute is that!!

Then I needed to find a color combination that would go well with this picture. So after a lot of searching I found this bracelet. Perfect color combo for this photo!


Then the real work started! Digging through all my craft stash finding things that would replicate this color combo. That was the fun part! I just love going thru my craft stash. I could spend hours finding things I forgot I had! lol
Since this was a Studio Calico Class I decided to try and find most of the items using their product. I have a lot of SC product as I just love their lines!!

Here is the kit I came up with: 

The only things that did not come from either one of their product lines or one of their kits are the mists and the Jenni Bowlin paints. 

After that was done I needed to start cutting out all the digital files that came with the class. I love my new labels! I'm always hunting for blank labels to use and SC provided a digital set with the class. Marcy Penner did a great tutorial awhile back on how to do a print and cut on the Silhouette Labels with your Silhouette. I decided to try this..wow! I now have a permanent set of labels saved in my Silhouette library that I can print and cut anytime I need them! Loved this tutorial! I swear it only took me like 10 min. to do this..so so cool!


After I did that..I got to thinking..Studio Calico has a lot of free digitals. I remember downloading the labels that go with their LemonLush line awhile back..yes I said FREE! you can find them here....http://www.studiocalico.com/digital/free/lemonlush-printable-shapes. And while your there..check out all of their free digitals! They have PL cards, Silhouette Cut files, lot and lots of free things you can try!
So I thought well while I'm at it..why not try out the print and cut tutorial on these also..and whoolaaaa!


Now I have even more labels for when I need them!!!! Free of charge! Now I'm off to cut out all of the cutting files that came with my class so I'll be ready for my next assigment :o) 

No comments: