Sunday, December 11, 2011

Flying Unicorn's Glam it up Challenge and Tim Holtz tag day 2


I have been wanting to do some of Tim Holtz Tags...let's be honest..who hasn't? :o). I also have a goal to do every challenge at Flying Unicorn this month. So I decided to combine a TH tag and one of the Challenges.

The Glam it Up Challenge was to use at least 3 different kinds of sparkle.
Here was the list to choose from:
Glimmer Mist
Glimmer Glam
Glimmer Glaze
Stickles
Glitter
Shiny metallic pieces
Rhinestones (pearls do not count)
Anything else that has sparkle and glam
Metallic rubs
Perfect pearls
Smooch Mist or paint

This was easy peasy! I used:
1. Smooch Spritz Vanilla, splattered on tag to create a snow like effect
2. Martha Stewart Gold Metallic Paint - painted the border on the bottom of the tag
3. Tim Holtz/Ranger Acohol Ink - Bronze metallic - used it to change my silver brads to bronze
4. Tattered Angels Candy Apple Red - used it to add a red tint to the gold bell on the deer's neck
.....
In making Tim's tag I didn't have the deer die cut or the grungeboard he used. So I cut out a deer from my silhouette from Coordinations and sanded it to give it some texture. I just love how this tag turned out!