Monday, November 28, 2011

Remember the Days - Challenge of Challenges

One of Flying Unicorn's Novembers Challenges has a prize where you can win the kit of the month. Since I buy their kit every month this is huge!!!!

The challenge is to incorporate 5 of their challenges into a layout. You can find their Nov. Challenges here:http://flying-unicorn.socialgo.com/forum/top/7


I incorporated the following challenges into my layout:
1) Photo Inspiration (use red, yellow and green) I used lots of yellow as you can see, the green is the vines I made, the red is in the stars, and I also inked red on top of the brown on the cardboard base.
2) My Myself and I - The layout is of me :o)
3) Extreme and Intense Colors & Extreme Element - The bright yellow is the extreme color, all cardstock and cardboard were distressed (one extreme element), I also handmade the little brown flower from cardboard, and made a distressed cardboard frame (extreme cardboard) and I added another extreme element - stitching :o)
4) Heavy Metal - Handmake a metal embellie - I made the metal flower by embossing it with a flower embossing folder, cut it out, then inked it using TH Oregano and Red Pepper alcohol inks, added some yellow with a copic marker then added distress stickeles to the center.
5) Take a note - include a handwritten note, The rolled up piece of cardstock has a note in it saying: Mystic Villiage, 2010. I also added Journaling under the picture :o)



Be sure to head over to Flying Unicorn starting Dec. 1st! They are having daily tutorials and prizes! oh yeah!

5 comments:

LISA said...

This is beautiful Barbara!!I love the corrugated cardboard!Very cool!!

Barbara said...

Barb this is amazing!!!

Jingle said...

Very pretty page!

2amscrapper said...

I think this layout is so gorgeous!

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh wow, this is completely gorgeous! I am your newest follower--nice to meet you!! I have a free art seminar on my blog if you'd like to visit--and a giveaway!
xo
Cindy