Thursday, October 20, 2011

Lights-Camera-Action!

I have been creating this layout for the Boys II Men Challenge at Flying Unicorn.

Have you ever had a layout that just wouldn't come together no matter what you did? This was one of those layouts. I had everything planned in my head but when it came to gluing it down I couldn't get the design I was looking for.
So after struggling for a few days, walking away from it several times, and throwing out a few cuss words I decided to seek help.

I posted a pic of what I was working on and the embellishments I was planning to use on the "Ask The Designers" topic in the Flying Unicorn Forum. What a great help they turned out to be! The Solution...put the picture in the middle, add a title and then build around it. So so simple..now why didn't I think of that?!!

I love the final piece! It has the mood I wanted and I think it turned out great!



The pictures are of my grandson's first trip to Disney World. I loved the picture of the movie reels in the background and wanted to make that my theme.

The frame is a Petaloo Color Me Crazy frame. I inked it with Tattered Angels Coffee Shop Glimmer Mist and then embossed it several time with Utee.
I cut the film projector out with my silhouette, colored it with the same Coffee Shop glimmer mist and then used the same embossing technique as I did with the frame. After it had cooled, I added Tim Holtz gears to the reels and dry brushed it with a little of Ranger's Adirondack Copper Mixative.

The film strips with the pictures and the Title were also cut out with my Silhouette.

4 comments:

Jingle said...

Very nice layout!

JoAnne said...

I love the final piece too! Thanks so much for visiting and for your kind words.
xo
JoAnne

Barbara said...

Barb just love this LO it came out perfect we so need to chat email me

Sandi Clarkson said...

Love how this turned out, Barb! And I am so excited about your being our AOW! Woohoo!