Monday, August 31, 2009

Wishing you a perfect day

I had a fun time creating this card. I loved the image and had a lot of fun coloring it. As most of you know I am a Copic Marker fanatic! I have been practicing on every tutorial that Marianne Walker has on her blog "I Like Markers".
This image let me try 2 new techniques from Marianne's blog!
1) Coloring rocks - Tutorial can be found here:
http://ilikemarkers.blogspot.com/2009/04/coloring-rocks-part-1-pebbles-on-ground.html
2) Basic Spring Leaves - Tutorial can be found here:
http://ilikemarkers.blogspot.com/2009/03/basic-spring-leaves.html
I didn't have some of the colors that Marianne used so I tried to use the ones I had that were near her colors.
The card was also created for our Copic Buzz challenge that was sponsored this week by Flourishes! I adore their stamps! And you really need to check out their copic tutorials..they are awesome!
The theme this week was "Inspired by Nature"... I thought my image was perfect for this weeks theme!

You really should check out the Copic Buzz Group on Paper Craft Planet. We are now up to almost 200 members. I have never found a group of such amazing women before. There is no bickering...no fussing...just a lot of women who love to craft and who will bend over backwards to help you out!
It might be a image your looking for..that they just happen to have..
It might be a card that arrives in the mail when you are sick..
or it might be...advice on how to build your blog..no telling what you'll get from these girls! They really are the most amazing people.
I have made so many crafting friends in this group.
Any way...back to my card..
I didn't take a picture of the Copic Marker's used because there were so many this time they kept falling down! :o)
I'll list them instead!
Copic Markers Used:
Leaves: YG05, G21, Colorless Blender
Plants: W5, G21, G82
Berries: YR02, YR09
Skin: E000, E11, R20
Hair: Y11, YR20, E43
Dress and Hair Bow: B11, B15
Clothespin: E31, E34, (dark brown colored pencil for wood lines)
(Spring on Clothespin) C5
Tree: E31
Pebbles: C1, C3, G21, E43

6 comments:

Tina Thayer said...

Barb, I think your pebles turned out really good!! I love this image, I have it too, but am having trouble resizing it. Anyway, GREAT JOB!!

Annita said...

ohh Barb you did a fabulous job with this image. I love how you colored it and I love the colors you chose. BEAUTIFUL.
hugs Annita

Lynne in NI said...

Great card Barb - your practising has definately paid off, your image is coloured beautifully!

Verda said...

Barb - Your card turned out beautiful. I love how you did the pebbles they are perfect. Where is the image from? I am almost sure I have it but can't seem to find it right now.

Tammy said...

This card is sooo darling!! I think you did a great job on the pebbles!! I love that image!!

Valerie said...

oh so very cute! Where did the image crom from she's so sweet!