Sunday, February 4, 2007

Good Enough For Me

I was reading my February issue of Creating Keepsakes magazine and I read an article by Ali Edwards I just had to share. I will not go through the whole article but I did want to share a part of it. The name of the article was “the busy scrapper’s survival quide” and in it she wrote, “Adopt a philosophy of “good enough” for me. This means keeping the focus on the story. “Good Enough” means you’ve told your story to your own personal satisfaction. Maybe the design isn’t exactly what you first envisioned. Maybe your handwriting isn’t perfect. “Good Enough” is about adopting the perspective that, years from now, people will care most about the photos and the words. The rest is window dressing. “
This really hits the mark with me. For so long I was trying to make my style into a style that wasn’t me. I wanted the artisy look that I adore but found it impossible to create. I wanted the “wow” factor! It got to a point where I was avoiding scrapping because scrapping had become frustrating. It wasn’t the fun it used to be. I finally went back to scrapping my way and with it came back my passion for scrapping.
I hear or really read so many people saying how their layout isn’t “good enough” or “I wish I could make mine look like the DT’s do. I may never be chosen to be on a Design Team. But I am doing what I love, the way I love and that…. “Is Good Enough For Me!”