Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Scrapping Vacation




I am still trying to finish scrapbooking the pictures we took on our 2011 vacation :o).. When I saw Graphic 45's Tropical Traveloque collection I knew this what what I wanted to use.

To make the water I tore 2 different shades of blue Bazzill paper (one light and one a little darker). I misted them lightly with water and bended them in the shape I wanted then heat dried to hold the folds. I then spritzed with Tattered Angel glimmer mists. (DazzlingDiamonds and Robin's Egg). While they were still wet I sprinkled Sea Salt on them and let them dry. The sea salt makes the darker color speckles and also gives it texture.

I cut the Seaweed out on my Silhouette SD. Inked it with TH Distress inks and then covered it with Utee several times heating each time.

The bank was made with molding paste. I mixed some Moleding Paste with Acrylic paints until I had the color I wanted and applied with a spatula to give it texture. While it was still wet I placed some sea shells into it and let it dry.

Easy Peasy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great layout! Thanks for questing with us at Unruly PaperArts!