Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Using a Mask as a Stamp

Outlaw Women Scrapbook Emporium's Yahoo Group are having an August Masking Challenge. I decided to go a different route than usual masking.
I took a mask and used it as a stamp. It's really simple and easy to do. It also gives you the advantage of having your masks do more than normal masking.
All you do is ink the mask and place it on your project. You need to make sure it is getting contact everywhere. I usually just press lightly around the mask with my fingers.
I used Tattered Angels Dark Denim Glimmer mist on mine.
The background was created using Tattered Angels also.
Leaving the mask still in place I took a fan brush and lightly brushed the tag with Organic Garden Glimmer Glam. I then inked the edges of the tag with Pewter Glimmer Glaze. Once that was done I removed the mask and sprayed the whole tag with Aquamarine Glimmer Mist.
The Glimmer Glam and Glimmer Glaze acts as a resist and the Glimmer Mist does not cover it up.
I love playing around with different colors and seeing what I end up with. It's so much fun!









3 comments:

Unknown said...

you tag came out really cute!

artbeckons said...

I love this! Great background =)

Barbara said...

Barb this came out great love it!!