Monday, February 20, 2012

Playing in my journal


As you know I started a new Art Journal in Jan. I have been keeping up with it pretty well. I play in it most days. I have found that I'm growing in the art world because of this journal. Oh I'll never be at the "Artist" stage but I'm learning and can see that my creations are getting better as I go.
I have found that once I had a certain place to play and not worry about messing up a creation that I explore a lot more and try new things. If I mess it up it's fine that is what the journal is for!
Here I was playing with PanPastels, a new Crafters Workshop Template and trying my hand at creative lettering. I need a little practice in the lettering part! lol
I need to add some interest in the corners and didn't want to use the usual bubble wrap. So I started thinking....and looking around...I thought I wonder if this left over piece of Dusty Attic Chicken Wire could be used as a stamp? Yep, it could! ha! I love it!!! And..if I never decide that I need that Chicken wire in an LO I now already have the white base on it! Cool huh?
The girl is a Crafters Workshop Template designed by Julie Balzer. I didn't want my girl to look like everyone's so I used the face and tried to create my own hair..not bad for a beginner :o)..ps..Love Love Julie's templates, I'm going to collect every single one!

1 comment:

2amscrapper said...

love this! giving me courage to try this....